Weight Loss Plans
What You Can Eat
Wake up: Start day with cup hot water and 1/2 lemon
Breakfast smoothie: Use this recipe.
Green tea: Preferably organic
Protein: One 6-oz serving of meat (chicken, turkey or fish) per day
Carbs: 1/2 cup of cooked brown rice a day (otherwise no carbs/starches)
Fats: Good fats in moderation (e.g. olive oil and avocado)
Dairy: 1 cup of 2% plain Greek yogurt per day (otherwise no dairy)
Vegetables: Unlimited low-glycemic vegetables (see list) and Detox Broth (recipe here)
Snacks: Hummus, pickles, a couple handfuls of nuts
What to Eliminate
- Here are the things to skip while on the plan:
- No wheat (except 1/2 cup brown rice)
- No artificial sweeteners (this includes all diet soda)
- No white sugar
- No alcohol
- No caffeine (only green tea)
- No dairy (except Greek yogurt)
- No additional exercise
- No meals between 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.
Other Things to Do
While on the plan, make sure you do the following every day.
- Take probiotic in the morning.
- Take a multivitamin (preferably 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 at night).
- Take a detox bath every night (soak with 2 cups Epsom salt & 1 cup baking soda).
Eat All the Low-Glycemic Vegetables You Want
On this plan, you can eat all the low-glycemic veggies you want. Not only will they help you stay full, but they are key to helping burn fat. When you swap out starchy and sugary foods for low-glycemic vegetables, your body can burn through its glycogen storage and eventually start burning fat.
Get the Recipes and Download the Full Plan
Use these recipes for the breakfast smoothie and vegetable broth. Stay motivated by printing this one-sheet and keeping it on your fridge. It will help remind you of the dos and don’ts and keep you on track for the full two weeks!
Use this Shopping List
Make your trips to the grocery store quick and easy. use this list to grab what you need from the aisles.
- Rice protein powder (28 tablespoons)
- 1 3/4 cups ground flaxseeds
- 3 1/2 cups brown rice
- 1 bottle olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar (or other preferred vinegar) for salad dressing
- Green tea
- Epsom salt
- Baking soda
Each week buy (for a total of two weeks):
- 4 lemons
- 4 bananas
- 56 oz frozen berries
- 2 quarts unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 4 avocados
- 7 (6-oz) plain 2% Greek yogurts
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken, turkey or fish combined
Detox Vegetable Broth Ingredients
- 4 large onions
- 4 cups winter squash
- 2 cups cabbage
- 8 cloves whole garlic
- 4 cups root vegetable (any of the following: turnips, parsnips, rutabagas)
- 8 cups chopped greens (any of the following: kale, parsley, beet greens, collard greens, chard, dandelion)
- 8 carrots
- 8 celery stalks
- Dried ginger
- Sea salt, to taste